Saturday, March 7, 2009

Wow, March. The first two months of 2009 have just blown by. It's always an odd time of year for me. Shooting slows down and the not-so-fun work that comes with running your own business picks up. The big T-word, taxes, occupies a ton of my time. But aside from that not-so-fun stuff, these early months of the year give me someone wonderful time to reflect on the past year and plan for the upcoming year.

I've met and talked with some wonderful new clients in the past few weeks - booking weddings, maternity photos, newborn portrait sessions, and even boudoir sessions - and without fail, each client has either directly or indirectly mentioned the emotion captured in my photos. And that, my friends, makes me happy.

My philosophy on photography has always been to capture moments, maybe those that you didn't even see happen, during the hustle and bustle of your wedding day or the joyful emotion of a pregnancy. Being part of my client's lives, becoming their friends - that's what makes this possible. Not only possible, but wonderfully enjoyable.

2009 is shaping up to be an amazing ride filled with old friends and new. Stay tuned and join us, won't you?

No comments: