Saturday, December 29, 2007

Christmas with Gary Sinise

I hope you all had a wonderful holiday! Hard to believe that Christmas has come and gone. My mom has been here for the past few days; now that she's winging her way back to Jersey, I've got some time to catch up.

Christmas Eve was pretty low key, the hubs and I spent it at home alone. We had a nice dinner and waited for mom's increasingly delayed flight to get in (scheduled arrival time: 9pm Christmas Eve; actual arrival time: 12:16am Christmas morning). By the time she got her luggage and whatnot, I think we got home around 1:30 that morning. Too tired to think, we all conked out.

When we woke up, it was present time! I, of course, was on the nice list - though some may beg to differ ;) Lots of movies, music, some jewelry, and a few camera toys were in my stocking this year.

Around noon, we headed over to Epcot and our late lunch reservations at the Italian Restaurant there. Talk about crowded! But we stuck it out, because we had a mission - the Candlelight Processional with celebrity narrator Gary Sinise!

I couldn't think of anyone better than Gary (his voice is amazing!) to read the Christmas story, which was interspersed with carols such as Come All Ye Faithful, O Holy Night, and Silent Night sung by a choir of over 400 singers and an orchestra that had more than 50 members.

Gary (I was being lazy and didn't want to carry my long lens (that sucker is heavy!) all day. I wish now that I had so I could have gotten a closer shot!


The conductor was great, jumping and flailing all over the place.


Along the way, we saw a couple of Santas from around the world. Here, Pere Noel from France.


And of course, no visit to Disney is complete without a self portrait and trying on some fun hats


The day after Christmas, we took mom over to the House of Blues to see one of her favorite musicians - Edwin McCain. No cameras were allowed in the venue, so I'll spare you from the embarassingly bad camera phone photos.

But it's not back to reality time just yet. I'm going to enjoy a few more days off and get back to work on January 2.

No comments: