Friday, January 30, 2009

Australia Part IV - Brisbane

A city? What the?? After several days of island hopping, it was strange to return to a city. With only one night in Brisbane, there was much to do and little time to do it. First up? Shopping. Then? Drinks. Followed by? Dinner. To make the most of what little time we had, I took an early morning stroll the next day before we departed. I ended up on the South Bank, where Expo '88 (the world expo) had been held. Sadly, the ferris wheel wasn't running that early in the day, but I managed a few cool shots before packing my bags and heading home.

travel photographer Lori Barbely

travel photographer Lori Barbely

The trip home felt like it took a million years and it was so great to get home and see my family! My sleep patterns are screwy beyond belief as I cope with the jet lag, but in the end it was so worth it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK, those pictures make Brisbane look a whole lot cooler than I remember it =)

Also, is your sleep schedule STILL effed up? Because nearly two weeks later, I'm having trouble getting up before 9am (when pre-Oz, I was waking up at 6:30 with no trouble!)! I mean, it's said that it takes a day for every hour time difference to recover from the lag (in my case, that would be 18 days!), but this has never been a huge problem for me in the past...

Anonymous said...

I'm just now getting on a normal sleep schedule. It's been killing me!